How To Boost Speed Of Android

Guys ,Here are the good methods possible to acceleration and speed maximize your Android cell phone.
Launcher
There are some primary launchers that a lot people use on the Android platform . In fact , this applies to most of the Android smartphones Pre-Ice Cream Sandwich .
LauncherPro
GO Launcher
ADW Launcher
After having fun with them all I found out GO launcher to be the quickest and gave the smoothest scrolling experience . Some argue that it lacks features that the others have , but we're after speed here and I still use it to this day .
Clean Cache
This will remove any temporary files that you no longer use and should give a slight speed boost . Here's an easy way how :
Download the app 'Android Assistant' from the market . Once downloaded open the app and go to the 'tools' tab at the top . Think click 'cache cleaner' . A list of unused resources from some of your apps should appear . Note : This does not delete the apps associated with those files . Just unnecessary resources . Now click 'Clean All' .
Go back to tools and click 'Startup Manager' , and check mark any app you don't want or need to start when your phone boots up . Your selections will save automatically . I recommend completing all the steps before rebooting .
Now go the 'Monitor' tab and click 'Quick Boost' . After that you can close out of Android Assistant .
Titanium Backup
If you're like me and own a Droid Razr Maxx , you may have heard about how Motorola preinstalls a number of useless programs/apps onto your phone before you even turn it on for the first time . Why not just delete them you ask ? Well , people have reported that they were unable to update to new firmware releases after deleting their bloatware . There is only one way to overcome this . Titanium Backup .
You will need the paid version of Titanium Backup to use the method I'm about to describe . It costs a couple of dollars on the marketplace . With Titanium Backup you will be 'freezing apps' . What this does is stops an apps processes and keeps it from using any resources on your phone all while still technically being 'installed' . This alleviates most of the threats involved when deleting bloatware and will also speed up your device . Use Google to find lists of any potential bloatware for your phone .
Optimize Your Homescreens
A few weeks after I got my Maxx I noticed decreased performance beginning to set in . After doing all of the above steps I noticed a nice improvement , but it still didn't feel as quick as it once did right after I got it . What solved that problem was totally revamping my home screens with limited icons and effects . I know it is very tempting to make your phone look sexy but I chose performance over looks . Before I had compact rows/columns where I can fit tons of icons . If you use any of the cool home screen transition effects then you'll know that ALL icons have to perform the effects animation . For me this resulted in sluggish home screen transitions which was easily solved by changing my rows/columns layout to stock . I now have a big calendar with all days displayed and 9 icons on my primary home screen .
Uninstall Apps
Go through your apps and uninstall any that you do not use . I know this is hard because many of us enjoy having hundreds of apps , and it is an essential component to the Android experience . Just do your best and make sure you are not uninstalling any bloatware if you are a Motorola user . I can't speak for non-Motorola folks .
If you can't recognize what apps are bloatware then use Google and type ''*your phone model* bloatware'' .
There you have it . I hope you enjoyed my guide on how to boost the speed of your Android phone . Your phone should have gained some performance with at least one of the steps above.

No comments:

Post a Comment